21 January 2009

Termination of contract checklist

Today I've received the full list of things I should do before leaving CERN. Sixteen points to go through, to get signatures. Then also decision has to be taken on what to do with the pension fund money... leave here, put in a bank?

It is quite good deal for me to leave CERN, as the rules protect a lot the ex-employer. CERN will pay up to one year of storage room for my belongings (even if there will be very little to store) and also my moving to another country up to two years after I left CERN. Plus, I'm entitled to 2 or 3 months of salary after I leave, which will most likely cover a big part of the first year of the trip.

I should defenitely cheer up about all those advantages.

2 comments:

  1. I want to work at CERN as well so that I can then leave and get all your advantages! Lucky B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete