18 January 2009

Homeless traveller - how bureaucracy annoys me

From April 1st most likely I'll not have anymore the resident right in Switzerland. Neither I'll have an home in Portugal (ok, my parents). At some point this year my CERN heath insurance will finish and I'll need a new one, unless I want to use the portuguese social security system, for which I did never contribute, neither I know if I'm allowed to use.

Things I've to take care before setting off:
  • Portuguese new identity card (will also let me know if I've social security number or not)
  • International insurance to repatriation in event of accident
  • Possible health insurance with world coverage
  • Notify new address to bank
  • Cancel any billing contract (eletricity/radio/phone/internet)
  • Get a estimate and contract with a furniture-keeping company
  • Sell/give away all furniture
  • Decide which clothes to keep, which to donate
  • Get the russian visa

1 comment:

  1. many things to do - it sucks! but you're soon off, while i still have to earn and save up the money :(

    ReplyDelete